Rosary beads for the mother
The rosary has 5 * 10 beads + 5 = 55 ( =10) + 3 + 1= 59 beads ( = 5 )
It is prayed 3 times (ancient) 55* 3 = 165 (=3) + 3 + 1= 169 (= 7)
or 4 times (new) = 55* 4 = 220 (=4) + 3 + 1= 224 (= 8)
Every rosary expresses a mystery of the life of Jesus and is prayed with the heart of His Mother, Mary.
- announciation by the angel Gabriel
- visitation to her niece Elisabeth,
- birth of Jesus
- presentation in the temple,
- Jesus found in the temple
have been added recently refering to the public life of Jesus
- wedding in cana,
- proclamation of The Kingdom of God
- transfiguration on mount Tabor
- the Eucharist
- agony in the garden of Gethsemani
- scourging at the pillar
- crowning with thorns
- carrying of the cross
- crucifixion and dead on the cross
- descend of the Holy Spirit
1 The first bead is for the Most High
2 is for Jesus ( His divinity in our Humanity, Incarnation)
3 for the Father, the Son and the holy Spirit
5 for the mother of Jesus, Mary
7 for the 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit
8 for the mystical body of all believers ( church)
9 Divine hierarchie or choirs of angels:
Serafin, Cherubin, Trone
Authorities, powers, executions
Principalities, archangels, guardian angels
10 for the gathering of the 9 angel choirs and the assembly of devotees throughout time and space the 10 propositions for life ( commands) of Moses
* By rotating rosary beads I wonder how one succeeds
* How many beads are there is a rosary?
One rosary = 59 beads…
When prayed More times 55 (only circle of mysteries)
* Hindus have either 54 or 108 beads. 108 is a special number. If we chant with 54 beads, two cycles to be completed (minimum). A little variance. Destination of all rivers is the Ocean. What a beautifull meaning!
9 being number of divine and 1 of completion
In sunyears the moon has 28 days
In moonyears the moon has 27 days…
There is always more to words, numbers and symbols!
* The rosary of the muslims honors the 99 names of Most High. A beautiful prayer.
A choice of rosaries A rosary helps us focus on the mysteries of divine and daily prayer. Prayer is not emptiness… it is an expression of our devotion.